Afrisol energy seeks implementation partners for large scale projects
Afrisol energy is a biogas and waste management company in Kenya. We provide waste and energy solutions for household and semi-industrial firms. We also provide waste management solutions for municipalities and for these large scale project we need implementation partners.
Started in 2010, has grown to provide waste and energy solutions for household and semi-industrial firms. Further, Afrisol’s treated waste is rich in nutrients and is a great organic fertilizer. There are many advantages of using waste for energy production; namely: avoiding greenhouse gas emission, production of biogas and utilizing available minerals.
We have designed a biogas system that processes farm organic waste to generate biogas that powers a 60kW biogas generator. The BIO-slurry is processed into high value liquid organic fertilizers.
Afrisol has grown to offer consultancy services for large waste management projects on a wide range of topics: clean energy advisory services including market analysis, policy development, technical training and capacity building, business model development, rural energy access and financing, project management and strategic planning.
Afrisol has developed an education centre that supports local farmers in the use and production of biogas and slurry to fertilise agricultural land. The center gives aspiring biogas users the opportunity to cook cleaner, save on costs, produce fertilizers and safe the planet. The main objective of the centre would be to demonstrate that bio gas production technology is indeed a viable venture with short return on investment period.
Example: Kamatongu Bio Power project
At Kamatongu farm cow dung and pigmanure is fed into a 372m3 bio digester system. Boigas generated is puried to 99% methane and used for dairy hot water heating , workers cooking and powering a 60Kwh 100% biogas generator. The electricity generated is used to power farm machinery for pumping water, preparing animal feed, cold room, water treatment , computers and lighting.
The overflow from the digesters is processed and packed as organic liquid fertilizer.
Implementation partners wanted
Afrisol wants to continue to grow and provide solutions to a wider range of clients. Currently, the company is working on providing waste management solutions for a municipality. Our company has worked to complete the visibility studies and has begun the project design. Now, we seek for new partners who can assist us in implementation of larger scale projects. Our need in provision of sustainable energy solutions are pegged around resources limitations which include:
- Technical capacity – to provide high level energy solutions the level of expertise needed may not be locally available. There are project implementation knowledge gaps that need to be filled.
- Project development partners – to conduct appropriate proof of concept and feasibility studies we need a research partners along the solution value chain. This is to bring our concept to a bankable level for purposes of commercialization.
- Sustainable market – we need a sustainable market for our products which include:
- Compressed natural gas for industrial use. Appropriate boilers and machinery which can run on the gas need to be available.
- Organic fertilizers
- Construction materials – developed from the crushed glass and plastics sorted during waste segregation
Do you have contacts, ideas or leads to share with us? Match your solution, reply or contact us.